This is the plan for the book
[NOTE: The chapters already done are in Italics; some links point to Wikipedia entries of interest]
Myths of teaching, learning & technology
Myth Zero: Learning Happens in the Classroom
- Myth One: The World is changing. Education stays the same
- Myth Two: The Shallows
- Myth Three: Teaching and Learning
- Myth Four: Curricula
- Myth Five: Teachers: can we be replaced by machines?
- Myth Six: Sitting Through Lectures
- Myth Seven: Technology & Content: The Classical Struggle
- Myth Eight: Teaching in one-minute “snippets”?
- Myth Nine: Teachers’ Education
- Myth Ten: Elementary School, Watson!
- Myth Eleven: Quizzes Considered Harmful
- Myth Twelve: Lectures, explanations, etc.
- Myth Thirteen: Content
- Other Myths:
- Learning Styles
- Science vs. Humanities?
- The Problem Is Not In The Method
- XXI Century Skills
New World: Learning from the myths